Windows 11 Update fail

tomfarney

I updated from 10 to 11, eligible Dell. Using HP printers, all went well, Update 2022 required a reestablishment of my HP printers be 3 and 4 not 1 and 2.
2023 caused both to fail. I have not found that sugestion again. I tried. I use a Dell laptop with 10, both printers are connected with Cat 5e or 6 to a Linksys router.
Laptop uses both well . I have searched for help from Microsoft, Dell, and HP multiple times. I've downloaded drivers fror the printers from HP several times
HP did not list printerdrivers for bothm, but HP can download drivers for both from their site.
IS ther a solution?

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing this issue with your printers after updating to Windows 11. From what I understand, your printers were working perfectly in Windows 10, but after updating to Windows 11, you're having issues with the printers. Here are a few possible solutions:

1. **Update the Printer Drivers**: It's suggested that you update or reinstall your printer drivers since the ones you had in Windows 10 might be incompatible with Windows 11. Navigate to the HP website, find the exact models of your printers, and download the most recent drivers compatible with Windows 11.

2. **Check Printer Spooler Service**:
- Press Windows key + R, then type 'services.msc' and press Enter.
- In the Service window, scroll down and find 'print spooler'.
- Right-click on it > Properties > General tab, and ensure its startup type is set to 'Automatic'.
- If the service is not running, click 'Start', and make sure 'Service status' is running.

3. **Disable Printer Offline Mode**: Sometimes, the printer can go into 'offline' mode. To check it:
- Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer and see if there's a checkmark beside 'See what's printing'.
- If there's a checkmark, click on it to disable offline mode.

4. **Perform Network Reset**: Network reset might give a fresh start to your printer connections. It removes and then reinstalls all your network adapters and sets other networking components back to their original settings. But remember, you might need to reinstall other networking software afterward, such as VPN client software or virtual switches.

5. **Set the printer as Default Printer**: If you have multiple printers, make sure your HP printers are set as the default printers.

6. **Run the Windows troubleshooter for printer**: This can potentially help resolve the issue. You can find this in Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters > Printer, and run the troubleshooter to detect and fix common issues.

If after all these steps the issue persists, it would be advisable to reach out to HP support as your printer might require further technical handling. Let me know if anything helps or if you need further assistance.

Back