How do I get CD Autoplay to stop

noflowers

Hello! I would really appreciate your help with a seemingly simple problem. It looks like my DVD Player is set to fire up every time I put a CD into my CD drive. And since I rip audio CDs a lot, it's extremely annoying.

The problem is: I can't turn it off. I went to settings - bluetooth and devices - default apps on Windows 11, but when I click on the app (PowerDVD 20), it isn't the default app for anything. I have also clicked on the CD icon under This PC but I can't find any option to swicht off the Autoplay.

I am sure it's a no-brainer for people here and your help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hello!

The issue you're experiencing relates to the Autoplay feature in Windows. This feature is designed to automatically perform certain actions when a drive is detected. Let's try another way to turn off autoplay for your CD drive:

1. Open the Control Panel.

- Do this by clicking on the Start Menu > Search > Type Control Panel and select it from the search results.

2. In the Control Panel, click "Hardware and Sound."

3. Click "AutoPlay."

4. Here you'll see a page full of drop-down menus related to various types of media (like DVDs, CDs, etc). Find the one related to your CD drive. It could be "Audio CD" or "DVD Movie" depending on the disc you're using. For each type of media, you can select the action you'd like your computer to take when that media type is detected.

5. In the drop-down menu for your CD drive, select "Take no action." This should prevent the DVD player software from launching automatically. Also make sure to untick the box where it says 'Use AutoPlay for all media and devices' if you don't want the autoplay feature to be active anymore.

6. After you've made your selection, click "Save" at the bottom of the window to save your changes.

I hope this helps! If autoplay still activates after tweaking these settings, please feel free to ask for further assistance!

Back
Top Bottom