Windows 7 Submit your desktop!

I find it too busy too. But the graphics are nice. Can you create something with customize-able background image? And just one button with dropdown menu for favorite all programs probably?

Cheers! :)

Hello, guys. Brand new rookie here.
After a lot of attempts with Rainmeter and docks I've decided not to use them, since they use RAM and CPU resources, and my lappy is, let's say, a granny. But IMHO I achieved a good result with the amazing HUD theme, some beautiful icons and a carefully chosen wallpaper, which gives room for the icons. I also turned the laptop into a JARVIS PC, but think this thread is just to show the desktop layout. Here you go:
Link Removed
Link Removed

Hi. It looks good, but you should try Splinter. It uses zero CPU and very minimal RAM. It will get you where you want to go, within the desktop environment. Look a few posts above to see some of the things that can be accomplished with it.
Thanks a ton, mate. Gonna try it, be sure. You see, Rainmeter was adding a lot of heat, you know? And I'm obsessed with keeping things cool, if you know what I mean. My 4 years old lappy has never had a blink of an issue, thanks to my meticulous care. Rainmeter could spoil the whole thing. Splinter, your turn now.
Thanks again.

Here is a link to my dA splinterface gallery which has all of my publicly downloadable splinterfaces
Nice job. Those SS were taken with all skins loaded, right? I mean, one is able to use just 3 or 4 if he/she wishes or it's all or nothing? Dumb question, I know, but just to be sure. Like someone above said, I'm not fond of too much information.
As a side note: I was born in a wrong period. I wish I was young and motivated like you guys. Developing stuff like yours and mainly video games would be a glory for me.

Current Desktop @amerisphere :

Attachments

• ScreenShot 036.png
    ScreenShot 036.png
    488 KB · Views: 698
This is my windows 8 desktop which looks very much like Windows XP. Thanks to Classic shell which gives you the Windows XP start menu on 8 as well as on Windows 7.

Windows 8 Pro..JPG

But... but.. why?

Only teasing, if you want your desktop to look like xp then who am I to say otherwise..

Yes it is kind of taking it to the extreme as Windows 7 and Windows 8 are not Windows XP.
Here is my Windows 7 desktop. When people see my computer some thing it is Windows XP but of course it's not. I still have Windows XP on one of my other netbooks, but Microsoft has now stopped support for it. So I won't be using it very much now. Though most of the software from Windows XP works on Windows 7 and 8 anyway. So you can move the XP software such as Windows Movie Maker 2.1,XP Paint and Wordpad,Mplayer32, and XP Sound Recorder onto windows 7 and 8 and it still works on there.

Windows 7AB.JPG
Windows 7 AC..JPG

Back
Top Bottom