Windows 7 Star wars: Kotor problems

darthmars1

ive had the RC for awhile now (so far so good on that part) and i decided to re-install one of my favorite games star wars: knights of the old republic, i fully patched it and everything but when i tried to play it would go to a black screen then it would say "this programme is not responding" minimize then close... so i tried run as administrator... that failed.. compatibility... that also failed...
my stats are as followed
Manufacturer:none(it was custom made)
Processor:AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+, ~1.6(has been recorded to go to 3.0)GHz
Memory:1 gig
Hard Drive:160 GB
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Monitor:Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones:3 words... digital surround sound
Keyboard:Standard PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse:Logitech USB Wheel Mouse
Mouse Surface:something.... :)

Motherboard:ASUS M2N-MX SE SERIES
Computer Case:black piece of leet crap

ive never had problems with the game before and yes before you say it i fully updated my graphiques card >_>

if someone has a fix plz do tell this is one of my fav games :'(

well I dont think thats really a specs issue, despite the 6150 card being bit naff to be honest though its from the era of the game so should be fine. It's more likely its a issue with the settings or the OS maybe...there's a few games that didn't quite get through the net just yet. And when you said you installed latest driver for it, you did use the proper "M-series" driver not the mainstream ones?

well I dont think thats really a specs issue, despite the 6150 card being bit naff to be honest though its from the era of the game so should be fine. It's more likely its a issue with the settings or the OS maybe...there's a few games that didn't quite get through the net just yet. And when you said you installed latest driver for it, you did use the proper "M-series" driver not the mainstream ones?
i no it wasent a spec issue but usually in this forums people dont awnser your questions unless you do put up your specs... besides ive managed to play fallout 3 on this comp (80 hours and ive only had 3 crashes in total :p) and yes i did use the proper drivers ive run into problems similar to these so i no all the "normal" fixes, strange thing is i was able to play this on beta but for some reason it refuses to work in RC

win 7 and Kotor have issues

Kotor and win 7 have issues. i would attempt to find the setup file for kotor and run it as an administrator first off. then go and download directx 9.0c as directx 11 that comes with win 7 is not backwards compatible. that graphics chipset is fine to run kotor on as it's newer than the recommended chipset. that's how i got it work on my other win 7 pc. couldnt get kotor 2 to work but there are a few work arounds online if you google them. good luck!

Re: win 7 and Kotor have issues

i have kotor 2 i just got it today. and everything is fine until i finish creating my character windows tells me that the game has stopped working and i do not know what i should do. @ghrark if you are right i need to download directx9.oc? i have win 7 premium and wen i run xp compatibly the problem is the same. sorry if i seem to be jumping around but when i first installed and ran the program i was using window 7 then i switched to xp after i ran into the problem and it has been constant ever since not sure what i need to replace or what i need to do if someone could help me i would be very grateful thank you

Re: win 7 and Kotor have issues

hey i cant even get star wars kotor to install i click on install and it just freezes says its not responding then closes. i have an amd vision duel core amd radeon windows 7 home premium hp laptop brand new. any help?

Link Removed I Am Having an issue to my is Windows 7 64-bit And NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Itegrated
and it gives me an error massage when i hit the lunch game Link Removed
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Try using this app first and then re-install:
Link Removed

It looks like your onboard GPU isn't carrying enough VRAM. Looking at the above you need at least 128MB. You might be able to swop some over via the bios.

If you manage that I'd also update DirectX.
Link Removed

Hmm.... Have you tried playing the game? I just did a little googling and read that someone had the same 'fail' but the game played fine.

Well the Nvidia 6150SE Nforce 430 is good for GL 1.5 see here:

Motherboard GPU Features and Benefits for:
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE and NVIDIA nForce® 430
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6100 and NVIDIA nForce 430
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6100 and NVIDIA nForce 405
Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 Support
Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all DirectX 9.0 applications, including Shader Model 3.0 titles.

NVIDIA® CineFX™ 3.0 Engine
Powers the next generation of cinematic realism. Full support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture delivers faster and smoother gameplay.

NVIDIA® Intellisample™ 3.0 Technology**
The industry's fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds. Visual quality is taken to new heights through a new rotated grid sampling pattern.

NVIDIA® nView™ Multi-Display Technology
Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors.

Full-Speed 32-Bit Color Precision
Delivers increased image quality with no performance compromise.

NVIDIA® Digital Vibrance Control™ 3.0 Technology
Allows the user to adjust color controls digitally to compensate for the lighting conditions of their workspace, in order to achieve accurate, bright colors in all conditions.

OpenGL® 1.5 Optimizations and Support
Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all OpenGL applications.

300 MHz RAMDAC
Blazing-fast RAMDAC supports display with high, ergonomic refresh rates up to and including 1920x1440@75Hz.

SDVO Interface
In conjunction with SDVO to TV-Out conversion chip on the motherboard or on the riser card in the PCI-Express slot enables analog TV-Output. In conjunction with SDVO to DVI-Out conversion chip on the motherboard or on the riser card in the PCI-Express slot enables DVI-Out connectivity to flat-panel monitors.
Feature only available for GeForce 6100/ nForce 430 and GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430 Motherboards manufactured after August 2006. - See more at: http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_features_benefits.html#sthash.QWnAwPbH.dpuf
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_features_benefits.html

You cannot download Open GL as it's included with the driver, which driver are you using?

After doing some googling I came across this page:
Link Removed

It 'might' help, mainly i was thinking the trying of running it as administrator but read the thread and see what you think.

Back
Chat with our AI Assistant ×