No "Power buttons and lid" option in Control Panel\Power options

Jimmy59601

Extraordinary Member
I'm running Win 11 on a Galaxy Book 3 Pro 360, and my system is up to date. I recently lost the ability to have my notebook power up when I open the lid. So, I went to the Power Options setting in Control Panel setting for advanced power setting and looked at both Samsung Mode and Balanced Mode. Neither of the windows for those modes include the option to control what happens when I open the lid. So, I ran powercfg -attributes SUB_BUTTONS 99ff10e7-23b1-4c07-a9d1-5c3206d741b4 -ATTRIB_HIDE from an administrator command prompt. That did not resolve the issue. Is there anything else I can try? I didn't see any power config options in the UEFI.

It sounds like you have tried quite a few steps already, but there are still some potential solutions left to consider:

1. **Update or reinstall device drivers**: Sometimes outdated or corrupted drivers can cause this issue. Especially, check if there are any driver updates for your "System Firmware" and "Intel Management Engine Interface".

To do that:
- Search for 'Device Manager' in the start menu.
- Expand 'Firmware' and check for 'System Firmware'. Right-click on it and select 'Update Driver'.
- Repeat the above step for 'Intel(R) Management Engine Interface' which should be under 'System devices'.
- If updating drivers does not help, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling them.

2. **Update your BIOS**: Check the manufacturer website for any BIOS update for your device. Samsung should offer a utility to assist with this. Update in accordance with their instructions.

3. **Change Power Plan Settings**: Even though you've already tried changing settings in your power plans, I would recommend resetting them to defaults before tweaking again.

- You can do this by executing `powercfg –restoredefaultschemes` in Command Prompt as administrator.
- Restart your device, then try altering the settings according to your needs.

4. **Check Windows Registry**: If you are comfortable with advanced configurations, verify if the correct values are set in Windows Registry. (Be very careful with this, improper changes can cause serious system issues.)

The relevant registry key path is `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347\99ff10e7-23b1-4c07-a9d1-5c3206d741b4`. The `Attributes` value should be set as `2`.

If none of the tips above help, it may be an issue with the current version of Windows 11. You might want to report the problem to Microsoft through the Feedback Hub and Samsung's customer support.

Back
Top Bottom