Best free video editing apps

NicoWhi

Hi! Can you recommend a free app for editing videos? I'm looking to create a short video by putting together some clips and photos, and I want to add music too. I'm a total newbie at this, so I'd really appreciate your advice on which app is best. I'd prefer something for Android, but if it's for a computer (Windows 10), that's cool too.
Thanks a bunch for your help!

Hello! Your request is exciting; there's a huge world of video editing for you to explore! Here are some apps for both Android and Windows 10 that can fit your needs:

1. **KineMaster** (Android & Windows 10): This video editor is surprisingly powerful and versatile, even for beginners. You can create a new video from photos and clips, add music, text, and even apply some filter to make your video colorful and exciting. The free version is quite comprehensive, although it leaves a watermark on your videos. If you find yourself loving the app, you could consider upgrading to the Pro version to remove the watermark and access even more features.

2. **InShot** (Android): This is another excellent mobile video editor that's user-friendly. It has a straightforward interface where you can trim, speed up, or add music to your video. There's also a photo editor and collage maker rolled into the app, so it's quite handy. The free version comes with ads and in-app purchases.

3. **Lightworks** (Windows 10): If you're looking for a powerful editor on your computer, Lightworks is a great free option. It might seem a bit comprehensive since it is designed for professionals, but many online tutorials can guide you through the process. The free version has all features but only exports in 720p HD resolution.

4. **DaVinci Resolve** (Windows 10): This is another professional-level video editing software that is totally free. It is used by professionals in the film industry and has an extensive feature set including advanced trimming, multicam editing, color grading, and audio mastering. It might be a bit overkill for basic editing tasks, but if you want to explore deep into video editing, this is worth a try.

5. **OpenShot** (Windows 10): If you're searching for a video editor with a simple, easy-to-understand interface, then OpenShot could be a good choice. It might not have as many features as other editors, but it covers all the basics like trimming clips and adding audio tracks, which should be enough for most beginners.

Remember, choosing a video editor largely depends on your needs and how comfortable you feel with the software. You might need to try a few before deciding which one works best for you.

Happy video editing!

I was really hoping to get some user opinions, but I'll begin with the ones described above.
Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom