Windows 7 audio device

Hello everyone! Nice forum.
I live in Northern Virginia and am a hopeless computer junkie. I have migrated to Windows Vista 64 BIT and am really enjoying it. I am using a ASUS P5K WS with a Q9450 Quad Core running at 2.66 GHz. I have 8GBs of 800 MHz DDR2 memory and am using a ATI RADEON 3850 graphics card. Windows reports 5.9 in all of it's categories.
I purchased a X-Fi Sound Blaster and wonder if any one has found a satisfactory driver for it. I liked this card in XP, but the driver on their site is pretty funky for Vista 64 BIT.
I also tried to install a Nvidia 8800 GTS 512 video card and my Vista scores dropped to 3. It was a fresh install of a new OS so maybe it's a Vista issue. It worked great in my XP system.
Hope to hear from someone soon.
Jack

The drivers by Creative are in a word..Crap! If you want ones that work and give you the same functionality as in XP use the link in this thread (just click on the 'Daniel reply' link and look near to the bottom of the page):
Link Removed

The funny thing when I built this PC I was going to buy a X-fi sound card and decided I'd try this one with Vista and it was fine. It is the ONLY thing I reused, it is like 6 years old and works flawless! Glad I didn't but a X-fi now :D

Sorry guys just thinking out loud.

Back
Chat with our AI Assistant ×