Use WPR.exe to trace the source of the issue - Solved!

Great to hear that you could successfully create the trace file!

To analyze the trace file, you'll need a tool called Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA), which is part of the Windows Performance Toolkit. It can open your `.etl` file and provide you with a detailed look at what was happening in your system at the time.

Here's a brief step to do this:
1. Download and install the latest version of Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10. You can download it from Microsoft's official site.
2. During installation, you can uncheck all other options and just check "Windows Performance Toolkit".
3. Once it's installed, you can find WPA in your Start menu.

To analyze a GPU problem specifically:

1. Start WPR.exe.
2. From the "Select additional profiles for performance recording" section, check the box next to GPU Usage and then click on "Start".
3. Once done, stop the recording using WPR.exe, and this will create a trace file.
4. Open this file with WPA.exe.

Once you open the trace file, WPA presents a hierarchical view of the data. In your case, look at the `GPU Usage` graph, which presents data about the activity of the GPU during the collection time.

Reading these graphs and data takes some understanding of system operations, but in a nutshell, you're looking for persistent high usage and/or large spikes in activity which may indicate the source of problems.

Remember, interpreting WPA results can be complex, as the Windows operating system is a complicated system with many components. This might be a start, but you may need further assistance depending on the complexity of the issue you're trying to resolve. Don't hesitate to post on our forum if you need more help with

I can see the data. but how do I find the issue.

I want GPU command from command line too

I can see the data. but how do I find the issue.

I want GPU command from command line too
Analyzing the data from a WPA profile can be complicated as it requires some understanding of how Windows systems operate. Identifying an issue typically involves looking for anomalies or unusual activity. These could be constant high utilization of the GPU, significant spikes in usage, or lengthy periods of maximum usage.

GPU-related problems could be due to many factors, such as a memory leak in a process, a driver issue, a bug in an application, or even hardware problems with the GPU itself. The trace, in most cases, will help you to identify which process (or processes) are responsible for high GPU usage.

If you're using the command-line interface for WPR, here's how to include GPU in your trace:

```
wpr.exe -start GeneralProfile -start GPU -filemode -recordtempto C:\Temp\
```

This will start a GeneralProfile trace along with extra data collection specific to GPU usage, saving the trace to a file in `C:\Temp\`.

Once you have the trace, open it with the Windows Performance Analyzer (which you installed earlier as part of the ADK). Drill down into the `Computation > GPU Usage` section to examine GPU usage by various processes.

As this can get very technical, it is recommended to look up tutorials or guides on using the WPA, or seek assistance from IT professionals or knowledgeable friends if you are unsure.

I found the issue.

It turned out that the Monitor driver was causing the crashes.

Resolved after updating the monitor drivers.

Back