Windows 7 Unexpected BSOD results and crash dumps

masisera

Hello everyone,

As of late I have a machine that has had a couple of BSODs in the last couple of months. I have recently had a couple of crash dump files as a result of these. I am uploading it here for those who may wish to review it. However, I cannot specify what the cause of this problem may have been. :)

Attachments

• 030217-7254-01.dmp
    279 KB · Views: 387
  • 030317-6162-01.dmp
    279 KB · Views: 360
  • 040517-7222-01.dmp
    279.7 KB · Views: 369
I may have created this thread in the wrong forum. Please let me know if it can be dump in the right forum, if not I can recreate the threat at the BSOD forum. I noticed that after I created this thread. My apologies.

I may have created this thread in the wrong forum. Please let me know if it can be dump in the right forum, if not I can recreate the threat at the BSOD forum. I noticed that after I created this thread. My apologies.
Hi Masisera,
apologies as I missed your post, checking your dump files now, will post back shortly.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800d14db68, fffff8800d14d3c0, fffff880014ada56}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsRetrieveOtherFileName+24a )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
of the 3 dump files sent, two are like the above which means a problem occurred with the driver that reads and writes to NTFS drives. One however actually blamed a driver outright and looking in your dump file it is very old:
dne64x.sys Tue Nov 11 01:01:24 2008: Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN Client. Please either update or if not used anymore removed.
Citrix

Please run a chkdsk:
Link Removed

File scans
Look in the all apps section of the start menu for command prompt, right click on command prompt and choose 'run as admin'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

Please update your drivers. Your system support page has updates pending:
Link Removed

Post any new dump files.

Kemical, thank you much for detailed information I will definitely try what you suggested. Thanks once again.

Your very welcome, any problems or if the issue's continue please post again.

Back
Chat with our AI Assistant ×