New Windows 10 install: Flickering issue

duceduc

Hi. My pc is having a weird issue and I can't seem to figure out why. It flickers on windows explorer and Excel. It happens on random and last anywhere between 5-20secs. I think is not limited to just these apps, but possibly any programs I opened. This is a fresh install using a usb stick. I have posted a video to show you what I am referring too.
It's an old pc and have been working fine. I wanted to start fresh and performed a new install. Nothing has changed as far as adding new hardware. Thoughts? Suggestions to further troubleshoot??

video link:

Things I have tried to resolved it with no success.
- Isolate the ram chips to see if they were faulty by installing one stick at at time
- Uninstalled Office

my pc specs:
IMG_0101 (Copy).JPG

IMG_0099 (Copy).jpg

Hello,

There could be multiple reasons for the flickering you're experiencing. Most notably, this could be a graphics driver issue, a hardware issue, or an incompatible app issue. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot your problem:

1. **Update Graphics Driver:** First of all, make sure your graphics card driver is up-to-date. This could solve potential incompatibility problems. Additionally, if a recent driver update caused the issue, you might want to roll back to the previous version.

2. **Clean Boot Your PC:** This enables you to start Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the flickering stops, you can identify which software is causing the problem by gradual trial-and-error. You can turn on a few services at a time, then restart your PC until the screen flicker reappears.

3. **Check for incompatible Apps:** Some apps may be incompatible with your current version of Windows 10. To troubleshoot, close one app at a time and see if the flickering stops.

4. **Change Display Settings:** Try to reduce the monitor’s screen refresh rate to check if this helps.

5. **Scan for Malware or Virus:** A virus or malware attack can also cause the screen to flicker. Run a full system scan to ensure your PC is not affected.

6. **Monitor issue:** If you have an alternative monitor, swap it to rule out a monitor issue.

7. **Updating Windows:** If all else fails, make sure your Windows is up to date. Microsoft is constantly providing patches and updates to fix known issues.

Remember to reboot your PC after each step to see if the issue has been resolved.

If you provide the specs of your computer and the version of Windows you're running, I may be able to give a more specific solution.

Re:1 - May rule out the graphics card since it is happening on the Integrated graphics, and 2 other pci graphics card.
* Re: 2 - Will try this when I get the chance next week.
* Re: 4 - Will try this when I get the chance next week.
Re: 5 - Hope that is not the case since it happened the same day of fresh install.
Re: 6 - I have tried 5 other monitors.
Re: 7 - It's up to date.

I may just reinstall Windows again and observe the behavior before adding software.

Back
Top Bottom