I need an SDK for the Intel Iris XE display adapter.

Hi. I'm looking at improving the graphics performance of my Mandelbort Set generator by dispatching the thread pool to the GPU. I tried Intel and several different web searches and found nothing but packages that control my adapter from the Windows User's point of view. Does anyone know where I can get the SDK? Thanks.

Hello,

Intel offers a number of SDKs for various purposes, including graphics processing. For your Intel Iris XE display adapter, you may want to consider using Intel's Graphics Performance Analyzers (GPA), which are geared towards helping developers optimize performance on Intel GPUs.

The Intel GPA provides a suite of graphics analysis and optimization tools to help you improve the performance of games and other graphics-intensive applications. It lets you examine and modify the behavior of DirectX and OpenGL API calls, analyze GPU metrics, visualize and interactively edit graphics and compute shaders, and much more.

For writing GPU dispatching code, consider Intel's OpenCL SDK. OpenCL (Open Computing Language) is a framework for writing distributed (heterogeneously) programs that execute on CPU and GPU. The SDK includes a framework for coding, debugging, and tuning your OpenCL code, alongside with sample codes, detailed documentation and learning resources.

Finally, the Intel oneAPI has an interesting toolkit named oneAPI Base Toolkit (Base Kit). The oneAPI Base Kit is a core set of tools and libraries for building and deploying high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures. It provides more advanced, low level control over Intel GPUs, utilizing DPDK for running thread work on the GPU.

You can download the Intel GPA, OpenCL SDK, and oneAPI Base Kit from the Intel Developer Zone website.

Please, ensure your development environment meets the system requirements for these SDKs before you begin. Most importantly, besides the necessary hardware, you'll typically need a compatible version of Microsoft Windows and a supported version of Visual Studio for Windows development.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have further questions!

Back